Apple cake today! Yay!
Apple cake has always been one of my favourites: it is healthy, always satisfying.. it makes me think of granny. One of those cakes you can dunk in your tea or coffee. Simply the best!
I love trying different combinations and variations of apple cakes. This one has fresh cream added to it and orange zest but it is not too rich as it has no oil or butter.
It is soft, delicate and really yummy. The combination of apples and cream goes beautifully together and a touch of orange zest and cinnamon will give it a lift making it more interesting. You can serve it with a little jam or whipped cream if you wish.
- Prep Time : 25 minutes
- Cook Time : 40 minutes
Peel and slice the apples into thin slices and squeeze over them the lemon juice; mix well.
Whip the eggs with the sugar until pale and creamy
Add the cream, the cinnamon and the orange zest.
Sift the flour onto the mixture, mix well and pour it onto a well greased round baking tin measuring approx 22 cm or 8 inch. Lay the apples on top and sprinkle with brown sugar.
Cook at 180C or 350F for 35 to 40 minutes. Check with a toothpick, if the cake still appears wet inside leave it in for a further 8 to 10 minutes.
This cake needs to be served with a good cup of tea or coffee.
So here it comes this pretty set of white porcelain espresso cups beautifully decorated with blue tit motifs together with saucers to liven up your coffee morning! They are so cute, they make me crave for spring even if there is no chance yet.. still a little while to wait before then..!
Dotcomgiftshop is offering this set of 4 blue tit espresso cups and saucers worth £24.95 to a lucky "My Little Italian Kitchen" reader. I love their kitchen range especially their vintage cups and saucers.
For a chance to win it enter the gleam form below.
Terms and conditions:
- You can enter with the Gleam widget below via blog comment, twitter, instagram or pinterest.
- Please comment on this blogpost before proceeding with other entry options (this is mandatory).
- One winner will be randomly selected, announced in this blog post and contacted via their provided e-mail address. Please claim your prize within 4 days of being notified.
- Giveaway open to UK residents over the age of 18 only.
- This giveaway closes on February 28th 2016
WINNER: Cheryl G.