There is a smart way to make delicious meals at home and one of them is with Gousto.
It is a straightforward idea: every week choose from some of the recipes provided and they will deliver the exact ingredients to you with step by step recipe cards included.
This means you won’t need to go out and buy anything else to make your meals.
I was sent a box to review and I must admit I got quite excited when it arrived. I felt like a little girl opening a big present from Father Christmas. I had heard of Gousto before so I was curious as to how the whole thing worked.
The vegetables were arranged separately from the chilled ingredients. I was impressed by their freshness. All the sauces, vinegar and oils were neatly wrapped separately in small pots and pouches.
The chilled ingredients were well insulated and wrapped in a recyclable bag containing sheep wool and with ice packs.
The meals I chose were:
-Poached salmon linguine
-Balsamic glazed sausages
-Curried Cauliflower with Coriander
-Miso glazed aubergine
I started off with what I knew: cooking pasta!
I made the linguine with the poached salmon. I found that the step by step instructions were good and this dish was easy to make and would be a good starter for someone who is not very confident with cooking. This was the quickest of them all.
Et voila’: my children loved this!
My next meal was probably my favourite mostly because I don’t make many curries and we tend to eat them out. I was delighted I could make such a delicious Indian meal at home! I really loved this one.
This Japanese miso glazed aubergine was a really interesting dish too although perhaps it took a little too long to prepare for a midweek dinner. Better probably to cook this for the weekend when you have more time.
These were sausages served on a bed of couscous and vegetables and topped with a balsamic vinegar reduction. It was good although I would have left the balsamic reduction out.
So what’s the verdict?
- Gousto is great for professionals or people who are short of time but love to eat nice homecooked food
- a good idea if you want to learn how to cook.
- it helps cutting down food waste as meals are perfectly portioned
- nice recipes and easy to follow with step by step instructions
And here is my constructive critisism:
Some of the recipes could be shorter more suitable for quick weekday meals and this would also allow to use less pots and pans.
All in all I have enjoyed this experience, I can only imagine the organisation that must be behind all of this as most of the ingredients are locally sourced and organic. This is an excellent idea really.
Gousto is kindly offering a box of 2 meals for 2 people for one lucky My Little Italian Kitchen reader. Enter the gleam form below for a chance to win one!
Terms and conditions:
- You can enter with the Gleam widget below via blog comment, twitter or facebook.
- Please comment on this blogpost before proceeding with other entry options (this is mandatory).
- One winner will be randomly selected, announced in the Gleam giveaway box and contacted via their provided e-mail address. Please claim your prize within 4 days of being notified.
- Giveaway open to UK residents over the age of 18 only.
- This giveaway closes on 13th November 2015
I received a Gousto box to review. No payment was received. All opinions are my own.